Saturday, December 20, 2008

Rockstar

Now, I know what your thinking, where the hell have you been Caffeine King? Well, I've been at home, but the reason of my twelve(12) day absence is the fact that New England lost power, and for about a week, I've been with out power. But I'm back and got a big boy competitor of Red Bull to review for you. Because I like you a lot... I was shopping at Market Basket when I got to the energy drink section. I looked through it and couldn't find any new energy drinks in four(4) packs, so I picked up one(1) I haven't had in a while. I've reviewed RockStar before, but, I figured I couldn't neglect this blog any more, and it was the only energy drink in the fridge, so I deleted the original post. I know I know, I'm heartless. But I am pretty fly for Rabbi...

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can reminds me a lot of Ole'. Its sleek, black, and modern. The can looks, in my opinion, like the best can in the RockStar line up(that I've reviewed). And the tagline, "Party Like A RockStar" fits with the "image" that RockStar gives its self... that its a party drink. I'm guessing that its available in many clubs. One thing that does bug me, is the "Double strength; Double size" on the top rim of the can. It feels so out of date, providing Monster, Cotts, and several more companies have come out with 32oz. size energy drinks... Hell, even RockStar has come out with a liter energy drink. So when they say "double size", they should say "double the size of Red Bull" or something. But other than that, relatively small complaint, its still a pretty attractive can...3.4/5

TASTE: Since there's no flavour given, I'm guessing that it gonna taste like the classic energy drink flavour. Though, I also thought this when I reviewed Who's Your Daddy, so I shouldn't be so quick to judge. Upon opening the can, I'm hit an apple juice colour along with a very familiar smell. Yup, its a Red Bull clone. But not a bad one. Its got citrus infused with some barely noticeable bubble gum flavour, and hints of vanilla(Ice Ice Baby). Its not an overly sweet product, but it is a little too sweet for my taste. RockStar has next to no medicine taste to it, which gives it a huge advantage over most of the other Red Bull clones out there. I really enjoy the flavour, though sixteen(16) oz. may be a little much. You have to drink it slow, like coffee...3.9/5

KICK: RockStar's kick and me have had a good relationship in the paste, and original RockStar is not different. Each can has: carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, dextrose, citric acid, taurine, natural and artificial flavors, guarana seed extract, ascorbic acid, caramel color, potassium sorbate (preservative), caffeine, niacinamide, inositol, l-carnitine, milk thistle extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, calcium pantothenate, siberian ginseng root extract, cyanocobalamin, riboflavin, and pyridoxine hydrochloride (sounds like the ingredients of Windex). And with all though's ingredients, I got a wicked buzz. I don't know why, but RockStar has always made me hyper, despit only having 80mg of caffeine per eight(8) oz. My heart began to race, and I felt like snowing the foot of snow Maine got last night...4/5

FINAL WORDE: Overall, one of the better clones of Red Bull on recent memory, but not as good as the other drinks in RockStar's line up. Guava and Juiced beat original, but original is better than Punched...3.9/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.