Friday, April 10, 2009

I prefure "180 Aqua"(this is getting out of hand...)

Awhile ago, I reviewed 180 Red Goji, and even longer ago I reviewed 180 Blue, and so far I have to say that the 180 line, is actually pretty good. Each flavour is completely different from one another and from most other energy drinks on the market. But how long can one company keep it up. Well today will be a test of uniqueness with the review of 180 Orange Citrus Blast. Will it be just as unique as the previous 180 drinks, or will it sink in the bog of stale energy drinks?

FIRST IMPRESSION: I'm not a fan of 180 Orange's can, it doesn't really do anything but tell you it is an energy drink and that its orange flavoured. While it meets the bare requirements, it just simply go up and beyond. I do, however, like the fact that the design is more clearly seen in Orange Blast than in Blue or Red. But yeah, that's all the good aspects that I can find about 180 Orange's can.

TASTE: I opened the can and the scent of Sunkist orange soda kissed my nose. With the nostalgia of drinking Sunkist soda as a kid rushed to my head, I quickly took a sip. The flavour is best described as a unique blend of real and fake orange flavour that mostly consists of the fake flavour, as the real orange taste really only starts the flavour. Its pretty sweet, but not at all tart. It goes down smooth with no after taste. Overall, a really great tasting energy drink sure to remind people of Sunkist.

KICK: With each can containing carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, natural flavors, guarana, citric acid, potassium sorbate, malt extract, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and Vitamin B12, its no wonder that I only received a mild buzz. Though the lack of Taurine kinda let me down, I won't hold it against it(like some other energy drink reviewers do/did). All in all, the kick was about average, giving me no more jitters or twitches than the standard run-of-the-mill energy drink.

FINAL WORD: With the hundreds upon thousands of energy drinks out there, there is little from keeping 180 Orange Citrus Blast from flying off the self. While I really liked the taste, that alone is not enough. The can and kick were nothing over mediocre and the fact that I've only seen 180 in one store probably isn't helping sales. Now, if someone from Anheuser-Busch is reading this review, don't think of my words as harsh and unfair, but as constructive criticism from a man with an honest opinion...3.4/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.