Thursday, September 24, 2009

BUMP

For awhile I've been in the process of trading drinks with a fellow critic and finally today I received my end of the trade. Out of all the drinks I received I have to say that the one I'm most excited to review is Bump. Bump is an energy drink made by BUMP Beverage Company. To my understanding Bump was made for the sole purpose of being a mixer(mixed with alcohol). Since I'm not a drinker I'm just going to review Bump with out mixing it with anything, well except stomach acid.

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can to Bump is simple. The colour scheme consists of just two colours, black and yellow. Going down(or up) are two yellow strips with a raised bump towards the middle, hence the name "Bump." The text is kept to a bare minimum, which is refreshing. Personally I feel that the can is decent. Perhaps it is too simple, but I'll take a clean can design over a cluttered mess any day.

TASTE: I opened the can and took a sip. The flavour starts out a very sour cherry/pear blend that moderately fades into a sweet and moderately sour pomegranate/lime mixture. The cherry and pear blend taste authentic with out being juice-like. The cherry is the dominate flavour of the two, as the pear is rather light. The pomegranate and lime mixture doesn't last too long and once the experience ends thick lime after taste develops. Bump is really easy to drink, which is sad because this drink is really good. Honestly my description of the flavour can't even match how good it actually is. I will say that the flavour is not for everyone, but personally I really enjoyed it. Defiantly one of the better tasting energy drinks I've had all year.

KICK: Each can contains: 240 calories, fifty three grams of sugar, 133% of your daily intake of Niacin, 1312% of your daily intake of Vit. B6, Pantothenic Acid, 5469% of your daily intake of Vit. B12, 1312 mg of Taurine, 197mg of caffeine, 131mg of green tea extract, and thirty three mg of inositol. This blend of ingredients gave me a good+ buzz. While it was by no means spectacular, it got the job done well. For around four hours I was refreshed and had a moderate amount of energy. Once the four hours was up I received a decent crash, but nothing too hard.

FINAL WORD: Overall I feel that Bump is a great overall energy drink. While the can could use some work, the satisfying taste and kick are more than enough to make up for it. I traded a can of Max Velocity for a can of Bump and I have to say that I got the better end of the deal. I have no idea what Bump retails at, but what ever the price, Bump is worth a buy...3.9/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.