Friday, September 11, 2009

Moxie, Zero Punch

The Moxie Energy line has been a bumpy experience. While it isn't the biggest line of drinks, the few in the line barely encourage me to try another flavour. Like I said in my review of Moxie Thunder, Moxie Explosion is a sugar free fruit punch energy drink. Now, despite being a fan of energy punches, I can't say that I'm excited to review Explosion simply because it probably won't be sweet enough to successfully pull off a punch flavour.

FIRST IMPRESSION: I like the can to Moxie Zero Carb Explosion. While I do feel that the font sizes should be adjusted, the overall can is pretty good looking. The core of the design is the same as previous varieties with only some cosmetic changes. The pink/purple colour fits the hypnotize swirl in the back quite well and the sub name "explosion" reminds me of fruit punch. All in all, despite some problems the overall can is nice.

TASTE: I opened the can and took a sip. The flavour starts out a strawberry and melon blend that slowly weakens, letting a faint cherry/blue berry taste shine. The strawberry starts the flavour until the melon overlaps it early on. Towards the middle of the drink a barely detectable mint taste emerges between the cherry/blue berry blend, which doesn't last too long and actually adds some complexity of the drink. There's a mild sour bite that starts towards the straw/melon blend and lasts through the whole experience. The overall flavour isn't sweet, so there isn't any sugar free taste. All in all, despite the fact that this isn't really a punch, it is really unique and actually quite good.

KICK: Each can contains: Taurine, caffeine, 100% of your daily intake of Pantothenic Acid, 380% of your daily intake of Vit. B6, 360% of your daily intake of Vit. B12, 200% of your daily intake of Vit. C, Niacin, and twenty mg of L-Carnitine, Yerba Mate, and green tea. This intermixture gave me an above average buzz. For around three to four hours my alertness went up and I wasn't diagnosed with a case of the jitters. Once the three+ hours ended I calmly decayed.

FINAL WERD: From start to finish, I feel that Moxie Punch S/F is an above standard energy drink. While the can could use some minor tweaks, the good kick and the without equal taste more than make up for it. Now I'm not a saying that Moxie Punch will revolutionize the market, but it is an admirable attempt. All in all Moxie Zero Carb Explosion is miles ahead of its counter parts and should be bought...3.8/5

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.