Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ninja Five-0

While shopping at my local Big Lots, I went to pick up a can of ...lost Five-0, but when I saw its price tag, I about had a heart attack. $.75 is how much they charge for ...lost Five-0, and being the most expensive sixteen oz. energy drink I've ever bought at Big Lots, it better wow me in the can, kick, and taste categories. The ...lost line has been countlessly compared to the Monster line, given they're both made by Hansen's, and from my experience, I'd say the comparisons are fair. The can to most ...lost's even say "...We got the guys at Monster to make this drink," which I feel is just a way for Hansen's to make more money with nearly the same formulation of one drink.

FIRST IMPRESSION: In true ...lost fashion, the can is cluttered with random objects, though when compared to the previous varieties, it's to a lesser extent. The logo is a real problem as it hides quite a bit of the can space, leaving really only part of the sides to be cluttered. The white colour of some of the text clashes with the black and orange can, but I can't think of any other colour that would of worked. Either way, the can's cluttered nature works in its favour, and it certainly will gain peoples attention. I personally don't get the name "Five-0." While it fits because it's fifty percent juice, I just don't understand why they would want to refer to cops on an energy drink can, especially since I've never seen a cop drinking an energy drink. Hansen has made several of the juice-like energy drinks I've tried, namely Joker Juice, Unbound Juice, and Monster Khaos, and with a track record like that, I'm generally looking forward to the rest of ...lost Five-0.

TASTE: I opened the can and took a sip. When the liquid hits your taste buds, initially a cross between a tart orange and tangerine is the main focus point of the flavour. It constantly switches between the two, which helps the drink become rather complex. A hint of passion fruit emerges once the prior alloy fades, only to be lost in a sharp pineapple and mild mango brew. A moderate rise of sweet of sweetness begins along side the mango, but quickly loses strength while a subtle peach comes and finishes the flavour. ...lost Five-0's taste is smooth and refreshing, and while it may be familiar, it's still a good tasting juice energy drink.

KICK: Each can contains: fifty percent juice, guarana, ginseng, eight percent of your daily intake of Vit A, 500% of your daily intake of Vit B6, 160% of your daily intake of Vit. B12, 100% of your daily intake of Pantothenic Acid, 2000mg of Taurine, 160 mg of caffeine, and 200% of your daily intake of Niacin, and Riboflavin. This overall blend of ingredients raised my mental alertness, gave me a good amount of energy, and gave me a mild case of the jitters. It lasted four hours and it ended in no crash.

FINAL WERD: For my first review in 2010, ...lost Five-0 rubbed me the right way, and was a good way to start off the new year. While I didn't like some aspects of the drink, namely the can and the recognizable taste, from an overall perspective, ...lost Five-0 is a good drink. While I don't think releasing several, um, varieties of the same flavour is a smart move by Hansen's, the flavour is at least a good one, and it's interesting to see the different high-lights each drink seems to have. I've had nearly all the different types of the juice energy drink by Hansen's, and I feel ...lost Five-0 is one of the better types...3.7/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.