Saturday, February 13, 2010

Beaver Buzz Citrus

The Beaver Buzz line has been quite good in the past with its flavours, and since Citrus is my favorite beverage flavour, I've got rather high expectations for the next variety I'm reviewing, Citrus. Beaver Buzz Citrus's can is consistent to the others in the line, but personally, I feel it's the worst so far. While I like the crimson red background, it blends in with the beaver, making it hard to notice, therefore losing some of its appeal. Personally, I think yellow or green is more in line with citrus than red, so I really don't know why they chose the colour they did.

I was surprised to find that most of Citrus's flavour is pineapple. It's not bitter or sharp like it can be, but instead more mellow and laid-back. The sweetness is stronger more towards the end of the pineapple, but it's never overwhelming and it perfectly contrasts the fruit. A pleasant passion-fruit then emerges, and along with a mild orange note, rides out the experience, with reminiscences of the pineapple underlying the braid. The whole thing ends with a sweet and tart bite, with a hint of sourness. Beaver Citrus is a bit too thick, but it doesn't distract the drinker. Overall, while I would of preferred a bit less pineapple, the flavour is worthy to the others in the line, though not as good.

The power behind Beaver Buzz Citrus met my expectation of a twelve oz. drink. I felt awake and energized for about two to three hours. There wasn't any jitters to speak of, and it didn't end in a crash. Citrus's energy cocktail includes caffeine, Taurine, ginseng, guarana, and several B vitamins. Though I usually have a preference towards citrus energy drinks, in the Beaver Buzz line, I'd recommend either Berry or Green Melon over Citrus. While Citrus is an enjoyable drink, the others are just better overall products.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.