Monday, February 15, 2010

Cintron Citrus Mango Sugar Free

Though it exists, my local Job Lots didn't have regular Cintron Citrus Mango, only Cintron Citrus Mango Sugar Free. It's strange, though, as the company website doesn't even acknowledge that this drink exists. Perhaps the sugar free variety isn't in production anymore? But if that was the case, that means there was probably a reason why. And given Cintron Tropical Azul's poor performance, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for quality reasons. Cintron Mango Sugar Free comes in an overall decent can, but the font used for "Sugar Free" ruins any bit of "hardcore" it could give off.

If Hansen ever released a sugar free juice energy drink, I imagine it's what Cintron Citrus Mango S/F would taste like. Initially, it's very smooth going, with a mildly natural tasting mango dominating the experience. There's some notes of passion fruit and apple that then appear, but they're generally overpowered by a tame blend of tangerine and papaya. The papaya is most noticeable among these flavours, but it's surprising that none of them are tangy or tart. The experience ends with a partially rough peach and an undercurrent of artificial sweetener. Like most sugar free energy drinks, Cintron Citrus S/F is rather dull, but it's not as bad as one may think. I did enjoy each sip I took, but in the end, I just wished I was drinking something more interesting.

Like its predecessor, Mango S/F's ingredient highlights includes caffeine, Taurine, niacin, panothenic acid, Vit. B12, and B6, but I found Citrus Sugar Free's kick was a bit more powerful. I did feel I had more energy, and it lasted around two hours. Also like Azul, I didn't crash. In the end, I would drink Cintron Citrus Mango Sugar Free again (I have to, as I have a second can), but I can't entirely recommend shelling out $.70 for it.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.