Monday, April 5, 2010

24:7 Sugar Free Energy Drink Review

24:7 Sugar Free is the sugar free variety of the original 24:7, and while s/f's can is consistent with the latter's can, I feel the colour swap from green to powder blue and the seemingly minor addition of "sugar free" written towards the cans top, create a more finished and attractive look. The blue was obviously meant to signify that it's low-cal, but the design doesn't' sacrifice because of it. I've never really liked the colour blue before, but it works great along side the black and mostly sleek design. Because I near hated the original 24:7, and being that 24:7 s/f is the no-sugar version of it, I doubt I'll like the rest of s/f anymore than I did original.

Surprise! 24:7 Sugar Free is a Red Bull clone, but honestly, this is one of the worst ones I've had all year. My main complaint about the flavour is the heavy focus on a chemical taste that's about as pleasant as it sounds. There's little gummy or vanilla found in the flavour, which while something I usually complain about, I actually would have preferred either of the two over the nasty chemical taste. It begins light, with a slight bitter undertone. Then the texture gets almost oily, and with a tickle of carbonation, it ends. The sweetness level is positively light, and it doesn't taste very sugar free. Overall, 24:7 Sugar Free's taste is strange and unusual, but I mean that in the worst possible way.

24:7 S/F is not exactly what I'd call an "energy" drink, because the power behind it was lacking, especially for a sixteen oz one. My energy level was increased, if not for a brief time, and it lasted only around two hours with no crash. Each can contains: caffeine(160mg), taurine, inositol, and several B vitamins. My expectations for 24:7 Sugar Free were slim to none, so while its overall poor performance was far from disappointing, it's nothing I'd call impressive, or even acceptable.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.