Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Gas Monkey Tropical Energy Drink Review

Gas Monkey Tropical is a drink I swear I reviewed before, though my archives show no mention of this variety. My database shows no review, published or in draft form- maybe I am going crazy? Naw, I will be fine.

The can is crazy, a wacko looking primate with a wicked green tongue really is not the most appealing looking design, but hey, you will have a tough time forgetting it! What it does it does better than most, and that is stand out in the crowded shelves of your local grocer's chill chest.

The flavor is exactly what you expect from a drink labeled "tropical;" with tons of influence from lemon and passionfruit. There are softer notes of pineapple and guava, all resting on a murky underbelly of other, less defined interpretations of other exotic produce, tamed by all the commotion sips are packed with. For sweetness, Gas Monkey uses sugar and honey, though at fifty two grams of the caloric additive one does wish they used some artificial sweeteners to reduce that number down to a less gut-busting quantity. Acidity is well defined but on the verge of becoming overwhelming, playing out like a piece of sour candy, and can be hard to stomach the entire sixteen ounces.

240 calories, many B vitamins, ginseng, guarana, taurine, inositol, and 160 milligrams of caffeine. The buzz is probably the most conventional bit here, lasting your usual two and a half hours with a rocking sugar rush. Overall, Gas Monkey Tropical is both familiar and unusual, and if you find a can at your local Big Lots as I did, pick one up.

company site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.