Friday, November 21, 2008

Xenergy Citrus Clear

The Dollar Tree is well known on the energy drink culture for selling cheap energy drinks. I discovered energy drinks about three(3) years ago. It all started with Rip It Power. But that's all in the past. Today I've got Xenergy Citrus Clear, which I got at the Dollar Tree. It was one of two(2) flavour there, they also had Big Apple. On another note, this drinks sugar free, so a sugar free apple energy drink didn't really seem all to appetizing. Well then again, nether does clear.

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can is a little bland, but that's exactly what I think of when the terms "health", or "sugar free" are involved. I do like the Japanese(or Chinese) symbols. Its something that's criminally underused in the energy drink business. The can's clean, but kinda empty. The can claims to be a premium energy drink, but then again, so did Red Devil...3/5

TASTE: Well I cracked the top open and took a sip. Your hit with a water clear liquid that taste's like Diet 7-UP, but no artificial sweeteners come in and ruin it. You can barely taste the sweeteners in this. It taste very much like 7-UP, but not as strong or as sweet. There's mild carbonation, which makes it very easy to drink. I really enjoy the flavour of Xenergy Citrus Clear. Its very refreshing to have an energy drink taste just a soda of the same flavour...4/5

KICK: One area where Xenergy Citrus Clear really excels in is the kick department. It contains: Carbonated water, citric acid, taurine, sodium citrate, natural flavors, glucoronolactone, caffeine, D-calcium pantothenate, guarana extract, panax ginseng extract, sucralose, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, inositol, L-carnitine, niacinamide, acesulfame potassium, pyridoxine hydrochloride, and cyancobalamin. Its a very healthy kick. I'd say in about half a hour, I felt wide awake. I felt like doing anything I want. If only I drank this before I went to school...4/5

FINAL WORD: Just an overall great drink. It doesn't taste healthy, but it is, and infused with a powerful kick. I really wish that they would give each can in the Xenergy brand a different design. But, this is only a small complaint...4/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.