Wednesday, January 14, 2009

GURU Juicy Superfruit

Not to long ago, I received an email from Kadi Lepp, who apparently works for the GURU Beverage Co. She said in the email, "I see that you've only reviewed one of our varieties of GURU, would you like me to send you a code for a 100% off a twelve family pack of GURU?" and as any energy guru would react, I relayed with a big fat heck yeah. The Caffeine King never turns down a chance for free energy drinks(hint hint). The only GURU energy drink that I've ever had was GURU Lite, which you won't be seeing on my top ten(10) best energy drink list anytime soon. While I liked the can, the flavour and kick was only decent. So that aside, I've gotta tell you that I'm tremulously excited to give all the GURU's a try. And to start out what I can imagine is gonna known as "GURU Week", I picked the only logical choice to kick the week off, GURU Juicy Superfruit. Screw the original. Starting off with the original flavour would not be logical, but starting off with a 100% natural, certified organic, non-carbonated superfruit flavoured variety is super logical...

FIRST IMPRESSION: I like the can of GURU Superfruit. Red is always a nice colour and... I can't help but wonder what the little symbol above the second(2nd) "u" means or stand for. Is it a boomerang? In some obscure language does the symbol mean guru, or the letter "G"? Anyway, I can find some things that I don't like about the can. For starters, the peach/salmon colour seems out of place on a red can. One more complaint is that in some angles, the can looks, almost pink. Though I am a big fan of the colour pink, this is just one of the examples where it doesn't work...3/5

TASTE: Upon opening the can, I was greeted by the smell of Kool Aid Fruit Punch. The flavour is best described as a mix of white grape, acai, and pomegranate juice's. The white grape flavour is more noticeable than the pomegranate or acai. Once the drink sits in your mouth for a minute or so, the acai flavour kicks in. The acai flavour in GURU Superfruit is the acai flavour that Full Throttle Blue Demon should of been. Then the pomegranate comes in at the end and gives it a zing. The non-carbonated gives the drink the feel of drinking real punch or juice. Overall, an extremely impressive flavour, it's so impressive that its right up there with Boo Koo Punch and Ole' for best flavour. This is certainly one of the best energy drinks, flavour wise, that I've had in a while...4.8/5

KICK: Each can contains: filtered water, 43.5 grams sugar, acai juice, guar gum, pomegranate juice, guarana (with 97 mg caffeine), black currant, yumberry juice, echinacea, ginseng, and gingko 180 calories, and 1.5 grams protein. And with this potent mix of wierd, yet natural ingeridents, you get a healthy buzz, similar to Xenergy Citrus Clear. Both your body and mind feel great and refreshed, kinda like you just took a nap, but not just any nap, a Garfield nap. Overall, I feel that GURU Superfruits kick, while not anything new, was a powerful boast for both mind and body...4/5

FINAL WORD: Overall, I have to say that GUGU Superfruit was a exceptional experience. While I found the can to be lacking, the magnificent taste and the powerful, yet healthy kick made up for it. And no, I'm not getting paid to praise this drink(I've never gotten paid for this blog and I plan on keeping it that way), GURU somehow made a truly great drink. I'm really excited to try the other flavour's GURU has to offer...4/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.