Friday, July 18, 2008

Guru, Lite on flavor

Well this week has been filled with weird energy drinks and this is one of them. I got this at a natural food store like... store for $1.99, not bad for a 100% natural drink. I've had the original flavor Guru and liked it, so, since they didn't have the original so, I bought this.

1ST IMPRESSION: The name Guru is just awesome. It's slogan should be "The energy drink for the energy Guru" or something... Its billed as 100% natural, so that means no taurine, but natural caffeine... YES! 97 mg to be exact. Natural caffeine is more "powerful" than artificial caffeine. The can is simple yet attractive and fits perfectly in your hand, and 12oz. isn't a usual size for an energy drink either...4.5/5

TASTE: Guru Lite like nothing I've ever had before. Its a very natural lite bubble gum like flavor, but then some sweeteners kick in. There's also a light lemon mixed with grapefruit flavor. There's also a weird flavor in this too, black licorice flavor. Wow, not normal by any means... Weired flavor overall. Not good at first, but you get used to the subtle taste(although 120z. is a little much for my taste.)...2.5/5

KICK: After drinking Guru I felt pretty awake, and very healthy. Kinda like what I feel like after I drink a Vitamin Water. You feel pure and ready to take on the day(although in my case, the world is just video games and blogging). The kick is similar to Energy Bloom, subtle, you don't feel like running a marathon in a minute, but feel good about what you put in your body. I give the kick a 3/5

FINAL WERD: Not as good as the original(I'll get around reviewing that if I can find it) but a decently original drink that excites me for their other flavours. Over all, I give Guru Lite a 3/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.