Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hansen's Natural Primal Energy Tea Pomegranate Green Tea

One(1) of the only good Hansen brand energy drinks I've ever had was Hansen's Natural Primal Energy Citrus Tea back in December, and like I said in its review, there was another flavour available, pomegranate. Now, Personally, I feel that Citrus is gonna be a little, if not much better than pomegranate, though this might just be that pomegranate isn't as common, leaving plenty of room for mistakes than citrus is in the energy drink market. The only other energy drink I've ever had/reviewed is rip it Atomic Pom, so that's what I'll most likely be comparing it to...

FIRST IMPRESSION: I like the can, Its got this weird sun thing that strangely reminds me of crop circles. I notice that there's this weird Japanese inspired designs behind the logo and sun... thing. Overall, the can's surly impressive, offering one of the best looking natural energy drink cans out there, but that doesn't mean that there's nothing about it that bugs me, because there is. The front says "Primal Energy Tea," but under that, it reads, " Pomegranate Green Tea." Why should it say that's its a tea twice? It should just say "Primal Energy Pomegranate Green Tea." There, was that so hard...4/5

TASTE: The initial scent of Hansen's Natural Primal Energy Tea Pomegranate Green Tea is the infamous Steven Seagal scent with some mild strawberry's lingering in there. The taste is best described as strawberry's with a mild citrus and tea zing towards the end. Its not very sweet, which works well with the flavour. Overall, a good tasting energy drink that would make a great replacement for when I can't find rip it Atomic Pom. Like Hansen's Natural Primal Energy Citrus Tea
before it, there's a mild after taste by the egcg, though nothing major..3.8/5

KICK: Each can contains: 200% of Vit. C, B2, B3, B6, B12, 400mg of Panax Ginseng, 2000mg of Taurine, and, just like Citrus before it, another god darn energy blend. This energy blend gave me one(1) hell of a kick. Despite being labeled as a "health" energy drink, you'd think after drinking it that you've drank some chemical loaded, artificial caffeine fueled energy drink. This is the "natural" kick that the vitaminenergy line should of had...4.4/5

FINAL WORD: Overall, I feel that Hansen's Energy Pomegranate Tea is a good addition to the health energy sub-market. The can, the taste, and the kick were good to great, making this one(1) energy drink to buy if you see it. But, there is one(1) thing that puzzles me, why didn't Hansen, parent company of Monster, just make this and Citrus part of the Monster line? Being that Monster is better known in the energy drink market than the Hansen brand, that it would make them more money. I guess that would make too much sense...4/5

official site

2 comments:

Kt said...

Hey, I was just looking up the actual caffeine content in this drink and came across your post. Great info! I've had about half of one can and definitely feel an energy boost from it. Although...I usually drink sugar free energy drinks, so it could be a sugar high. Either way, it's working for now.

In response to your final question, I think they were trying to market this drink to a different crowd. I usually get whatever random energy drinks Big Lots has in stock to try out, but I wouldn't ever get Monster. Hansen's name on a product gives the illusion that it is healthy, while Monster just reminds me of...well a lot of people I don't care for (image-wise and personally, hah). I have a bias toward Red Bull too, and I feel like the two have a kinda Coke/Pepsi rivalry.

Have you ever come across Howling Monkey Cola? It's an energy drink that is trying to spread completely via word of mouth advertising. It doesn't taste too great (kinda like Diet RC or something), but it has no sugar and gives a great energy boost. You should give it a try sometime if you see it!

Aaaand we see how much energy I have based on my rambling on some random blog I found. Excellent. Maybe I will start reading this regularly. I've going through a somnolence phase...

Caffeine King said...

Actually, I just reviewed Howling Monkey Sugar Free Cola yesterday(http://caffeineking101.blogspot.com/2010/05/howling-monkey-sugar-free-energy-cola.html), and I have the regular, sugared version waiting for review.

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.