Saturday, February 28, 2009

Vital LifeStyle Water Enerize Dragon Fruit

The last trip to Big Lots brought me a drought of energy drinks. Other than GURU Lemon-Lime, everything there I had tried and reviewed, but, as I went to pick up a RockStar twelve pack, I noticed a water-like beverage bearing the words "Energize." I put the twelve pack in my cart and proceeded to look at the mysterious drink. I soon learned that it was a VitaminWater knock off called Vital LifeStyle Water, and the flavour was energizing dragon fruit. I really can't say I'm too thrilled about trying this. My reasoning behind this is the fact that my experience with water-like drinks haven't been too great, neither has my experience with dragon fruit drinks. But I'm gonna put those reasons aside and give Vital LifeStyle Energize Water Dragon Fruit a fair and unbiased review.

FIRST IMPRESSION: The bottle of Vital Water Energize Dragon Fruit is pretty attractive, appealing to modern people. The atom-like thing behind the words "energize" give it a science-like feel. One thing that kinda bothers me is the faded "hint of" above the flavour indicator, meaning that the flavour's gonna be light. Upon further inspection of the drink, I notice that the drink is sweetened with all natural fruit sugars, which is something I've never knowingly seen before...3/5

TASTE: I twisted the top off and took a sip. The taste is best described as water with the smallest hint of kiwi and apple imaginable. The flavour is way too light. While there's no after taste, which, unlike other energy drinks, is a bad thing. The flavour's so light that I was hoping that there was gonna be an after taste, just to get some taste. Overall, the taste's too light and its a chore to drink...2.2/5

KICK: Each twenty oz. bottle contains: sixty-two% of Vit. B6, seventy-five% of Vit. B3, fifty% of Vit. B5, ten mg of Taurine, and... only... sixty mg of CAFFEINE? This is lower than SoBe Essential Juice+Energy Berry Pomegranate. Why do companies think that they can skimp out on ingredients and call it an energy drink? This (un)potent blend gave me one of the weakest kicks I'm ever got from an energy drink. Lower than amp, FreeFall, or NRG Kick Energy Slushee...1.6/5

FINAL WARD: All and all, this is one of the worst energy drinks I've ever had. The kick, and the taste have both been pathetic, and only the bottle is decent. I'm really surprised, I haven't had a drink this bad since Staker Two Xtra Extreme Energy Shot. Now, I know that because its a water-function drink infused with energy ingredients, most people feel that I should go easy on it, but no, I'm not. If a drink claims being an energy drink, I'm gonna treat it like an energy drink. Overall, this is a truly horrible drink that's a disgrace to energy drinks and there drinkers every were(like this review)...2.2/5

official site

1 comment:

Shana said...

This place is great! I LOVE Big Lots and go there weekly for their energy drinks too. I also tried this water and it was the WORST crap I ever tasted. I threw it away along with the other 2 bottle I got.

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.