Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Jolt Wild Grape Energy Drink Review

Though I've only reviewed a handful of grape flavored energy drinks, very few have been worth drinking, and that along with a bad line history is why I have absolutely no good expectations for Jolt Wild Grape. All the same complaints I've had about previous Jolt cans appear in Grapes, but I do have to say the purple and black colour scheme works. I've always kinda liked the colour purple; it's dark and mysterious, but not completely evil like black. The skinny silver lightning shows off more obviously than in previous varieties, but there's still not enough of them to really become effective. Though it's still mediocre, out of all the Jolt cans, I'd say I like Grapes the most.

I've never been a fan of grape soda, and though that's what Jolt Grape's taste reminded me of, it's not too bad. The main body of the flavour is a candy-sweet grape that's surprisingly not terribly heavy and rather short lived. The grape has a bit of a tartness to it, and it works in its favor. The sweetness is thick, but not syrupy or to the point of excess. It does, however, lightly coat your mouth with a faint remembrance of the artificial fruit flavour. The experience then fades away with no bite to speak of. There's not too much meat to the flavour body of Jolt Grape. It's extremely basic and simple, but since it's far from overwhelming, finishing the entire can was easy and quite enjoyable.

I was honestly surprised by my enjoyment of Jolt Grapes taste and can, but the area where the sixteen oz. Jolt's just can't impress is power. After downing the can, I received a sugar rush that lasted an hour and a half, then I slightly crashed, but the other ingredients picked me back up, and kept me going for about one more hour, and it ultimately didn't end in a crash. Ingredients includes: caffeine, taurine, guarana, ginseng, and several B vitamins. Jolt Wild Grape, in the end, impressed me for as Jolt, but put against hundreds of other energy drinks out there, it really isn't all too impressive.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.