Wednesday, May 5, 2010

NOS Sugar Free Energy Drink Review

NOS Sugar Free comes in a mostly silver can that mostly works with its design. The slim strips across the can and the logo are what I mean by design, and while the thin lines look acceptable, the large white NOS has a difficult time distinguishing itself from the silver. I would have personally chose a less bleak colour scheme, but if I could only change one thing about it, it would be the orange trim. While I believe they were trying to bridge a connection between the sugar free and the original through the orange, it just ends up looking mismatched.

NOS Sugar Free smells eerily similar to that of NOS regular, but the overall flavour is far less harsh and much more drinkable. A fairly natural tasting passion fruit is predominate during the initial flavour, with slightly acidic notes of mango. The mango does eventually rise, but it blends equally with the passion fruit, instead of overpowering it. The prior braid is tangy and decently sweet, but it doesn't last long as a clash of artificial sweetener and a medicinal taste arises. There is an underlying remembrance of the passion fruit during this time, and it gains strength as the braid fades. The experience ends softly, with only a hint of tangerine with a light acidity level. NOS Sugar Free lacks the trademark metallic taste of the line, and while it's only an average at best sugar free flavour, it's undeniably the smoothest and best "version" of the NOS flavour.

Each can contains: caffeine(260mg), taurine, L-carnitine, inositol, ginseng, and two B vitamins. This cocktail is rather potent, and like previous NOS varieties, gave me a solid four hour buzz. And while it felt unnatural, if not chemical induced, that's because it was. I wouldn't say the kick ended in a crash, but it was obvious I was less energized. All in all, NOS Sugar Free should satisfy fans of the line, and it should mildly impress those who aren't; those like me.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.