Thursday, July 22, 2010

Inko's White Tea Energy Drink Review

The cobalt blue colouring to Inko's White Tea Energy's can looks great and is probably my favorite aspect about it. It counters the white text well enough, but I can't help but feel the orange looks out of place despite it grabbing your attention far quicker than the white. One of the orange lines that I first noticed was "Adult Energy Drink," which not only seems redundant to have the can say energy twice, but also the choice to use "Adult" doesn't seem like a smart one to me. When people think of the word adult, the first thing to pop into their minds is adult movies and/or adult beverages, usually alcoholic, which I doubt is something this all natural, health store energy drink would want to have connections with. On the side of the can it reads "sophisticated energy drink," which I think is a much more appropriate term.

Inko's White Tea Energy initially has a modest bitter undertone that's covered mostly by an unpleasant syrupiness. Following is a scarcely sweet lemon that would taste wholly authentic if it wasn't for its lack of sourness. Succeeding is a white tea taste that has a fairly strong earthiness to it that blends and feels natural with a growing level of bitterness. The bitterness is steadily noticeable throughout, but thanks to the tea it never feels aggressive or arresting, only fitting. The experience ends with a slight ginger bite that complements the tea positively. The lack of carbonation is unfortunate, as I seldom enjoy teas without it. The liquid is smooth drinking, and only mildly tart nearing the conclusion. Overall, my opinion of Inko's White Tea's taste is unneeded for those who like white tea and for those who don't. All you need to know is that it tasted like what it's supposed to, nothing else.

Each can contains: caffeine(184.8mg), guarana, ginseng, and a couple vitamins. This cocktail was indeed lacking several ingredients common with energy drinks, but that's fairly usual for an all natural drink. I was energized for a bit over three and a half hours, and during then I had no jitters and with its end came no crash. I found Inko's White Tea Energy in the organic health section at an upscale grocery store, and even though I feel my money would have been better spent on something else, for those who this drink is intended to I doubt are going to consider my review, and for those who aren't, I doubt my review will make them want to become part of that market.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.