Saturday, July 24, 2010

xenergy Cherry Rush Energy Drink Review

When I first looked at xenergy Cherry Rush's can, I thought it was just a redesign of Cherry Lime, as they're really only a colour change different. But the company website has both Cherry Lime and Rush, so I guess it's safe to assume they'll taste different. But why they used the same colours for the circles is beyond me, especially when green doesn't have much to do with cherry. Like I said before, the can is only a colour swap different from past varieties, which is a minor detail that honestly works in the cans favour greatly. The black is attractive and although it doesn't inform the drinker it's sugar free like the silver did, that's about my only problem with the can.

The flavour starts out a decently realistic cherry that's mildly tart and is pushed along gently with the aid of effervescent carbonation. The cherry is more on the sweet side than previous xenergy varieties and sadly tastes a bit synthetic because of it. It's not as glaring or as overt as most sugar free drinks, though it's still noticeable. There's a gradual sourness trailing the cherry that helps off set some of the artificial sweetness, however it is soon hidden mostly by a resurgence of the bubbly carbonation. It's far less joyous and more harsh than before, and adding to the level of roughness is a sharp black cherry flavour. The black cherry is far from strong and is fairly short lived; leaving as suddenly as it appeared. Overall, while it's pale in comparison to its siblings, xenergy Cherry Rush is still an enjoyable sugar free cherry energy drink.

While Cherry Rush doesn't taste as good as other xenergy's, it certainly kicks just as good. I had energy immediately following the completion of the entire can, and it lasted four or so hours with no crash. Each can contains: caffeine, guarana, ginseng, inositol, a variety of B vitamins, and taurine. Overall, I paid $1.50 for xenergy Cherry Rush, and while I don't feel I wasted my money, this marks my first disappointment with the line, and the first time I don't think a variety was worth more than what I paid.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.