Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pit Bull Sugar Free Blueberry Pomegranate Energy Drink Review

Not only is this the last variety in the line, but Pit Bull Sugar Free Blueberry Pomegranate is the only flavour exclusively available in an eight oz. can(I believe). It comes in a can similar to its siblings, and while I do like the black and white colouration, the downsize from sixteen to eight oz.'s really squishes the design into being too busy. The flavour indication stretch out too far, and the top line "antioxidants" is out of place and just clutters an already confusing design. Also, I find it a bit redundant to have both pictures and text of its claimed flavour. It's honestly not needed, and actually, the images look too cartoon-y for the rest of the can.

Pit Bull S/F Blu Pom's taste begins a mild blend of its billed flavours, with the blueberry being predominate, and the pomegranate appearing trailing behind. The blueberry has a subtle chalkiness to it that's partially masked by a fair sourness and a light tartness. The sweetness is understated but tastes realistic with the blueberry, and it balances well with both the tart and the sourness. Then the carbonation rises incompletely and the transition to a more pronounced pomegranate takes place smoothly if not suddenly. The pomegranate lacks the vibrant nature the prior flavour had, and the sweetness doesn't seem to complement it as well as it did the blueberry. Thankfully, the pomegranate is lost in a cross between a condensed blueberry and a black cherry. The latter tastes deep and complete, and even though it is short lived, it adds complexity without complicating the experience. Overall, Pit Bull S/F Blueberry Pomegranate's flavour is a very well made alternative to its sugared sibling, but I really wish it came in a bigger can than just eight oz.'s

None of the sixteen oz. Pit Bull's have really impressed me with their kicks, so it's not hard to imagine that a smaller eight oz. one is even less impressive. I had energy lasting just over an hour and a half, and I had no jitters and no crash. Each can contains: caffeine(eighty milligrams), taurine, ginseng, several B vitamins, guarana, and inositol. In the end, the Pit Bull line has sadly come to a close, and even though I can find some positives about Sugar Free Blueberry Pomegranate, I can't help but wish I ended the line with a stronger overall drink.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.