Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Great Value Dragon Fruit Energy Drink Mix Review

More so the satchel than the box, Great Value's Dragon Fruit energy drink mix is a bland reminder of the no-frills generic products of yesteryear. Its cardboard container is only the slightest bit more interesting, with stock graphics and unimpressive illustration of the intimidating fruit. With less caffeine and duller appearance, these are unfortunately unrelated to Great Value's other energy drink mixes.

For an "artificially flavored... sugar free, low calorie" drink mix, the first sip is surprisingly content. They all are actually, even if it hardly tastes like dragon fruit. It lacks nuance and resembles strawberry kiwi with a milder sweetness. That is not a bad thing however, as the saccharinity does its job adequately, albeit with an even milder synthetic aftertaste. The bad thing is just how boring everything is, with you growing even more so as the remaining ounces shrink. The flavors are stale and without any depth, with each sip tasting exactly the same as the last with nothing developing or maturing. If this excites you, then ten packs are available for about two bucks. If you are like me, then this is a waste of two bucks.

Each packet contains: caffeine (120 mg of caffeine) and small quantities of several B vitamins. The crappy cocktail stirs up a weak hour and a half buzz, with some jitters though without a crash. Overall, sorry Wal Mart, but this is not a great value.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE this product. It tastes a lot better then any other brand and flavor I have tried. I hate drinking water, so I need a additive to get it down. This more then passes the test. The only problem I have with it is that it’s hit or miss if I can find it on the shelves.

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.