Friday, November 30, 2018

Realtree Outdoors Emerald Ice Energy Drink Review

The Realtree Outdoor varieties just keep on coming, with the latest being Emerald Ice. It is a nebulous flavor indication, a frustrating theme for the brand; how do I, average Joe the energy drink drinker, know what "Emerald Ice" will taste like? Do I simply make the plunge and fork over a few bucks? On a side note, the back of the can continues the line's tradition of having ridiculous statements, this time it reads "I like cold wind in my face." I am sorry, Realtree, but I prefer decent looking drinks.

Lemon lime is the proposed flavor, and it is a surprisingly competent attempt upon first sip, though far from entirely successful. High fructose corn syrup does the sweetening, but this soda-inspired elixir benefits from its inherent syrupiness, giving things a very honest soft drink experience. But the fifty six grams of sugar creates a languid libation that dissolves into tasting purely of sugar by the time your third or forth quaff splashes your palate. It is a shame, as the actual taste was quite charming, a citrus cocktail uniquely paced with an acidity that straddles the line between natural and candied. By the time the saccharine sixteen ounces sit at the pit of your stomach, the last few drops are gritty, grains of the empty calories give the cloying cooler brief relief from the muculent mouthfeel.

Each can contains: B vitamins, taurine, and caffeine. The back of the can does not bother with the quantity of my namesake, unfortunate, however the kick itself is less than impressive, lasting two hours with some jitters. In the end, Realtree Outdoor Emerald Ice lives curiously on the cusp of being decent, but a myriad of mistakes drag the overall product down a few pegs.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.