Saturday, January 3, 2009

Boobies: The Third and Final Part

Before Christmas, I took a well deserved trip to my local Big Lots and picked up an brand of energy drinks that I haven't seen in a while. One of these brands was Ace. Ace is an energy drink made by Hansen's, who also make Monster, Joker, Hansen's Natural Primal Energy Tea, Hansen's Energy Deuce, and Hansen's Energade. And the weird thing is, they make even more drinks. Hansen's seems to have a great percentage of the energy drink market. I've had two(2) other flavours of Ace before. Ace Original, and Ace Energy+Juice, and enjoyed both drinks. So, will Lo-Cal meet my high expectations...

FIRST IMPRESSION: Wow, the can is great. Its got a half-naked lady on the front, ace cards, and bullet holes, this can is man's energy drink can. Ace was smart not to label this as "Diet" or "Sugar Free", but Lo-Cal. This is a great move. Mainly because "Lo-Cal" sounds better than "Diet" or "Sugar Free". Upon further inspection, I notice that its got the dreaded energy blend, so that will bring the overall score down slightly. I'm thinking its a Red Bull clone, mainly because the original was, and that it doesn't have a flavour giving on the can. But asides from that, this can is hot, its so hot, that the can even says "fire extinguisher" to cool it down. No, I'm serious, it really says "fire extinguisher." Is it me or is that just weird...4.4/5

TASTE: I opened up the can and took a swig. The flavour is a mix of apple and ginger ale, with some hint of vanilla and bubble gum. I really like the flavour, but you can't enjoy it in large sips. It gets a little overbearing. I also like the fact that its not completely sugar free, it still has some sugar, six(6) grams per can to be exact, while original Ace had fifty eight(58) grams. I can't say that this is the best Red Bull clone out there, but it is one of the best sugar free clones. The low sugar idea is great and I hope to find more drinks using this strategy. Overall, I feel that Ace Lo-Cal taste's great, but sixteen(16) oz. may be too much...3.4/5

KICK: Hansen's seems to have a killer energy drink formula, because it seems that almost every Hansen made energy drink gives me a great, artificial kick, and Ace Lo-Cal is no exception. each can contains: 200% of your daily Riboflavin, Niacin, 100% of your daily Vit. B5, 500% of your daily Vit. B6, and 2000 mg of taurine. I felt very awake after drinking this, and surprising, not all too jittery. I really don't know how Hansen's does it. Its like every energy drink they make has a great buzz. If only they would stray away from the typical Red Bull formula...4.4/5

FINAL WORD: Overall, a good energy drink. While the taste isn't unique, its well executed with a Ben Stellar buzz(wow, that was really, really cheesy). I wonder why Ace was at Big Lots in the first place. You think an energy drink with a half naked lady would rake in tons of money. But apparently, unless it says "Red Bull" or "Monster", young wanna be teenager boys won't drink it. Its a shame really. You think boobies would win more people over than name brand. But maybe that only works on me. Is that why I'm single? Yeah probably...4/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.