Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Loco Tonic Energy Drink Review

Other than the obvious reduction of size, Loco Tonic's can is only a colour swap different from Loco Tonic Sugar Free's, but I find original's preference towards red makes the design easier on the eye and more attractive. But when I say more attractive, I don't mean that I find the can attractive in any sense other than when compared to Sugar Free, as the design is fairly boring and lacks excitement outside the yellow face. But on the positive side, while there's quite a bit of text, I don't feel the flow is interrupted because of it.

There's a fairly impressive foam head when Loco Tonic pours out. The flavour begins a watery vanilla with a cream trail and an underbelly of lime. The latter, however, appears only briefly before it's substituted by an apple, both quickly and seamlessly. The vanilla tastes respectfully authentic, due mostly to the cream that follows, and has an initially weak gumminess that steadily increases but has little focus given to its growing. The apple is sweet while avoiding a honeyed quality, and it lacks any level of naturalness. There's a strong presence of tartness that towers above the earlier fruit, and it cloaks much of what's below. The tartness tastes a bit dry and has an almost powdery texture, and it blends carefully with the cream's gumminess, with the tartness holding minor predominance. The carbonation is effervescent while at the same time remaining humble. Overall, Loco Tonic's taste wasn't bad but did nothing to keep it from being a pedestrian Red Bull clone.

Each can contains: caffeine(eighty mg), taurine, ginseng, and several B vitamins who's percentages vary. I had standard buzz for two or so hours, and it was jitterless but did close with a crash. In the end, while Loco Tonic didn't impress me, I didn't expect it to, and in all honesty it's a decently cheap distraction.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.